September 3, 2011

Twenty-five hour days

Time kind of evaporated on Ana and I over the course of the week. By Thursday, lunch had slipped to 3 PM and dinner was at 9 PM. We decided at the end of the night that it was time to press the reset button and with the help of Grandma Menk, cleaned the house Friday morning and took care of all of the calls that needed to be made.

On Thursday, Naomi looked happy and comfortable. She did well through the night transitioning from CPAP to nasal cannula, so she was put on the cannula full time. Her saturation was good and she hasn't stopped breathing once! The nurses had warned us that little ones like Naomi will usually stop breathing once in a while as they transition through the various breathing machines. I like to think Naomi's still stomping along to dad's banjo in her isolette and you have to breath to dance.


It was mom's turn for kangaroo time Thursday! As little Naomi rested against her mom's chest she peered up to see mom again. I've read that Naomi can see dark and light objects six to eight inches away, so I'm guessing when mom holds her, she sees a beautiful, loving face. When dad holds her, she sees beard. Naomi fell asleep as mom rocked and hummed. It was another great night after an exhausting week.



1 comment: